Earthplace - The Nature Discovery and Environmental Learning Center - Preschool
The mission of Earthplace Preschool is to nurture the development of each child socially, emotionally, cognitively, physically, and creatively in a developmentally appropriate environment. The special role of Earthplace Preschool is to make connections with the natural world, to promote scientific inquiry, and to allow unstructured play in nature.
Earthplace believes that:
- The learning environment should be designed to promote a child's autonomy, security, and inquiry.
- Children learn through exploration and discovery both indoors and outdoors.
- Children are active learners who need to explore, create, and be involved in hands-on, multi-sensory activities in order to develop and learn to an optimum level.
- Children need nurturing, empathetic teachers who work toward creating individual relationships with each child.
- The positive interaction of teachers and parents working together creates a climate in which children learn and grow best.