Join Imagine Nation for a family celebration of children's literature and classic fairy tales to commemorate Imagine Nation, A Museum Early Learning Center's 15th Anniversary.
Children and their favorite grown-ups will enjoy a fun-filled day filled with storytelling, dancing, hands-on activities, and more. Come dressed as a favorite Storybook Character!
Journey throughout the museum studios for ongoing hands-on experiences inspired by children's literature, including:
- A Sick Day for Amos McGhee, by Philip C. Stead
- Rainbow Fish, by Marcus Pfister and J Alison James
- The Color of Us, by Karen Katz
- Beauty and the Beast, classic fairy tale
- Make Way for Ducklings, by Robert McCloskey
- Harry Potter, by J.K. Rowling
- Where the Wild Things Are, by Maurice Sendak
- The Three Little Pigs, classic fairy tale
- Swimmy, by Leo Lionni
- Click, Clack, Moo: Cows that Type by Doreen Cronin
*Book readings will take place throughout the event.
10:30am: Harry Potter inspired potions workshop- Slime.
11:00am: Harry Potter inspired potions workshop- Potion Explosion.
Noon-2pm: Beauty & the Beast inspired Ball
James and the Giant Peach Smoothie
Blueberries for Sal Smoothie
Free admission for the first 50 guests- up to 4 free admissions per family/group.
Generously Sponsored by the Thomaston Savings Bank Foundation & the Barnes Foundation.