Great Green Giveaway Earth Day 2008
Earth Day is a big deal. It's a time to take stock of our environmental impact and reconsider the choices we are making. Befitting the importance of Earth Day, we have a big deal giveaway, in fact it's actually THREE giveaways! The grand prize is A YEAR OF FREE LAUNDRY from new eco-detergent dropps. First, Second and Third prize winners will all receive a set of the new must-have Munchlers lunch packs from Built NY. And we even have runner up prizes of Fruitabu organic fruit snacks. Read on to find out more about these recommended products and your chance to win.
GRAND PRIZE: A year of free laundry from dropps
dropps, is a super concentrated liquid laundry detergent packaged in a pre-measured dissolvable packet. A traditional jug of liquid laundry detergent is only a small percentage of detergent diluted by a large amount of water, making it just another form of bottled water. dropps wastes no water in its formula making it lightweight and compact for transport. In the U.S., liquid laundry detergent is used for 25 billion wash loads every year. If these loads were done with dropps instead of the usual cup and jug, we would save:
?·6,233,726 gallons of diesel gas in transport
?·267,968,750 lbs of plastic
?·622,373 tons of greenhouse gas emissions in transport
In addition to the environmental and space saving benefits, dropps are convenient - just toss and go! I love being able to just toss a couple packets into the laundry basket and tote it to the laundry room rather than having to take the whole detergent box and scoop. They can be great for travel too, just toss some in your suitcase and do a load of laundry on the go.
dropps are compatible with HE (High Efficiency) washing machines, biodegradable, phosphate-free, chlorine-free, NPE-free, and great for babies or people with sensitive skin. dropps are unscented and I have to say they leave absolutely no scent on your clothing as far as I can tell. If you like the smell of laundry I guess you can always use a fabric softener, but if you hate scented stuff like I do, dropps are perfect.
Grand prize winner will receive a year's supply of dropps!
FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD PRIZES: Munchlers eco-friendly lunch totes
BUILT NY, the maker of those cool wine totes, has collaborated with award-winning children??™s book illustrator, Stephen Savage (Polar Bear Night), to create an eco-friendly lunch totes. I have noticed these lunch boxes being toted around by all the cool kids in our neighborhood. These are definitely the cool lunch boxes to have. They are super cute, come in backpack or classic lunch bag versions and they are Green.
Why are they green? Munchlers are made from recycled polypropylene material and they replace the waste of brown bags. I really like ours. They are super duper light, they clean out more easily than any other insulated lunch bag we've ever had and my son looks really cute toting his back-pack lunch pack around.
Munchlers retail for $10, but our three winners will each get a back pack version and a classic lunch pack version in the animals of their choice!
5 Runner-Up Prizes: FruitaB??
FruitaB?? Organic Smoooshed Fruit snacks are basically a more evolved fruit leather with only the good stuff and in a variety of different forms. They are all natural and organic, come in fun shapes - Twirls can be unwrapped and unrolled like a long role of tape and Sploooshers are an organic fruit puree in a colorful tube than can be enjoyed from the box or stored in the freezer for a cool treat. Both of these snacks provide kids with one whole serving of all-natural, no sugar added fruit. I pretty much can't take my toddler on the subway without them at this point. Just be sure to have some wipes with you, they can get seriously sticky.
5 Runners-up will each receive one box of FruitaB?? Organic Smoooshed Fruit Twirls, one box of FruitaB?? Organic Smoooshed Fruit Sploooshers, and one box of FruitaB?? Organic Smoooshed Fruit Flats, in assorted flavors.
- To enter the Great Green Giveaway just leave a comment on this post telling us how great you think this site is (just kidding, any comment will do).
- All comments must be left by Monday, April 28th at midnight and the winners will be announced on April 30th.
- The winners will be picked by the random number generator at random.org.
Some things you should know about Mommy Poppins Giveaways:
- We only giveaway products that we think are cool. We don't write advertorials and we don't get any money for doing giveaways.
- We do not give your email address to anyone (unless you win and it is necessary in order to receive your prize). We don't even look at your email addresses unless it is to notify the winner.
- Uh, you have a REALLY good chance of winning. If you are one of those, "why bother, I never win people." Enter.
If you like giveaways, we are do a whole week of amazing giveaways in early May for Mother's Day so don't miss it!
And check out the blog giveaway carnival at Bloggy Giveaways with over 500 giveaways listed.
- Join Us for the Summer of Play Challenge! Share Your Play to Win!
- Virtual Halloween Party: Enter to win a Spooky Gift Basket from Scholastic Store
- Join me at an exclusive free preview of the new summer kid film, Despicable Me
- Mothers Day Giveaway: Free Photo Session with Family Photographer Karen Haberberg