Mother's Day Brunch in NYC 2014: Mama's Choice
Figuring out where to eat on Mother's Day always gives me heartburn. Trying to find a place that will please me, my husband, my six-year-old and my own mother (since she lives in NYC, too) is quite a challenge.
So this year, instead of stressing out about where I'll end up on Sunday, May 11, I decided to turn to the experts: my fellow NYC moms. In addition to updating our list of fancy Mother's Day brunch spots in New York City, we asked our always knowledgeable Mommy Poppins readers to recommend their favorite restaurants for the holiday—or any day.
For even more family-friendly brunch suggestions, check out our NYC Kid-Friendly Restaurant Guide.
- I love Balthazar (80 Spring Street, Soho). European snobbism but the last time I went there it was fabulous and they were accommodating to my little pirates. I enjoyed the food as well as the place.—Anne
- London Lennie's (6388 Woodhaven Boulevard, Rego Park, Queens) serves excellent seafood, my favorite in the city!—Alison
- Alma (187 Columbia Street, Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn) is great. They have fresh Mexican food and a beautiful rooftop deck that overlooks the waterfront.—Blythe
- Ritzy Manhattan hotels make some of the best brunches in all of NYC. I've taken my family to a bunch of them and our favorite hands-down is the David Burke Kitchen at the James Soho.—Anna
- We like to go to Docks Oyster Bar (633 Third Avenue, Midtown East). It is fancier than our usual go-to places, but not so fancy that my picky son can't find something he likes on the menu. They usually do a really nice brunch for Mother's Day with live jazz and a special menu.—Stephanie
- Scottadito Osteria Toscana (788A Union Street, Park Slope, Brooklyn). There will even be a special Mother's Day menu with unlimited mimosas or champagne.—Max
- My own mom and I both love Norma's at Le Parker Meridien (119 West 56th Street, Midtown West). All they serve is breakfast and brunch, so they're experts.—Rachel
- Artisanal (2 Park Avenue, Murray Hill). A cheese lover's paradise.—Melina
- Everything about Penelope (159 Lexington Avenue, Kips Bay) is great—the setting, the food... it gets crowded quickly though.—Kimberly
- Turkuaz Restaurant (2637 Broadway, Upper West Side) has an amazing Turkish brunch buffet.—Roseanne
- The Waldorf-Astoria (301 Park Avenue, Midtown East) has the most beautiful and elegant buffet with lobster, caviar and a chocolate fountain. Truly a mom's treat!—Alena
- We love Cowgirl (519 Hudson Street, West Village). Southern food makes everyone in the family happy!—Camille
- Sarabeth's (multiple Manhattan locations). Love the pancakes!—Brianne
- Monaco (421 Amsterdam Avenue, Upper West Side). Great food, lovely atmosphere.—Felice
- My family and I picnic in Riverside Park. Beautiful, cheap and when the kids get squirrelly they can just run around.—Anne
For more Mother's Day brunch inspiration, check out our NYC Kid-Friendly Restaurant Guide, which has family dining picks in popular areas like Harlem, Forest Hills, Park Slope, the Upper West and Upper East Sides and beyond. OpenTable also has a list of New York City-area restaurants offering special Mother's Day brunch menus.
Where are your favorite Mother's Day brunch spots? Tell us in the comments below.
This post was originally published in April 2012.
- This Week: Free Summer Sports Programs for NYC Kids, Mother's Day in NYC, New Giveaways, Mini Golf Courses
- This Week: Mother's Day Brunch Picks, Awesome New Museum Exhibits, Amazing Weekend Events
- Weekly Wrap Up: Easter Egg Hunts, Spring Break Camps, Harlem Family-Friendly Restaurants
- Best NYC Brunch Spots for Families? Try A Hotel