Celebrate the Hindu festival of Diwali at the Queens Museum of Art. Activities include dance performances, art making workshops for children, refreshments and much more.
About the Festival of Diwali
Diwali commemorates the return of Lord Rama, along with Sita and Lakshmana, from his 14-year-long exile and vanquishing the demon-king Ravana. In joyous celebration of the return of their king, the people of Ayodhya, the Capital of Rama, illuminated the kingdom with earthen diyas and firecrackers.
1:00 – 4 PM
- Art Exhibition / Diya (clay lamps) Painting Workshop for children
- Assembly in the Auditorium
- American & Indian National Anthems
- Talk on ‘Significance of Diwali’ : HTS Youth
- Dance : by Students of Nartan Rang Dance Academy
(Swati Vaishnav, Director)
- Talk on ‘Veteran’s Day’ : HTS Youth
- Brief address by : Councilman Peter Koo
and other Attending dignitaries.
- Dance : by Natraj Rangeelas
- Vote of Thanks & Refreshments
- Candle Lighting Ceremony in celebration of Diwali & Veteran’s Day
Viewing of Diwali Design & Children’s Painting Exhibitions will be ongoing throughout the event.