Mommy Poppins App Is Coming! Help Us Launch It and Win Cool Rewards
We know you count on Mommy Poppins to find cool things to do with your kids. And we've heard that on the computer, our site is pretty easy to navigate and find what you're looking for. But when you're out and about, finding kid-friendly activities or places to eat on Mommy Poppins isn't that easy. Yeah, we have neighborhood pages with maps, but we admit it's not the best way to find stuff on your smartphone.
That will change with the launch of our new app. The Mommy Poppins App will allow you to find all the great places we write about on our sites—spots to create, be active, learn, shop, eat and more—easily on your phone. We've been working on it for months and we are on track to launch in June. But we have a few final hurdles to jump and we're hoping you can help. And we've got some great incentives if you do.
While developing the Mommy Poppins App, our goals were to give it the same thoughtfulness and thoroughness of our curated content, easy navigation and personal editorial style of our website—something that doesn't exist in any other kid-friendly activity app out there.
With the Mommy Poppins App, you'll be able to:
- Find things near you or search the map to plan a day out in a different neighborhood
- Filter by type of activity
- Filter for FREE activities
- Read detailed descriptions by our editors about curated locations and activities
- Find kid-friendly spots in all five boroughs for NYC
- All of the above once we launch apps for NJ, LI, CT, Boston and LA
- And, with your help, we'll be adding events too!
We want to make our app free and accessible to everyone and still give you all the features we know you want. Our IndieGoGo crowdfunding campaign (similar to Kickstarter) is a fun way to pay it forward and be part of making that happen. This app isn't a distant pie-in-the-sky dream. Our platform is already developed and we are just editing our locations for the NYC app—checking each and every one individually to make sure it's 100% accurate and up to our standards—in preparation for our June launch. If you contribute, you will be able to download the NYC iPhone app within a week of the end of the campaign and we will begin working on our other regions right away as well as an Android version if we meet our goal. In addition to helping us make a great app, supporters will get fun perks to sweeten the deal. I'm confident that together we can make this happen!
IndieGoGo is a crowdfunding site, like Kickstarter, that lets communities come together to support the creation of something new. Creating an app is a ton of work and very expensive. We want to make our app free and accessible to all but we need your help:
- If we raise $6,000, we will be able to make the iPhone app absolutely free. The NYC app will debut at the end of June 2013 and we will launch other regions shortly thereafter.
- If we raise $9,000, we will be able to develop an Android app and make it free as well.
- If we raise $15,000, we will be able to develop a 2.0 version of the app that will include our entire Event Calendar so that you can find events near you on your phone.
By donating as little as $2—less than what you might pay for a similar app in the iTunes store—you can help make this app a reality. Plus you'll snag some amazing perks. Check the IndieGoGo campaign page to see all the rewards.
Other Ways You Can Help
A lot of you have asked for an app with our Event Calendar, and we're really hoping we can get there. You can help us by spreading the word about this campaign so we can reach our 2.0 goal! Share it on Facebook, Twitter, your moms group, email it to friends. Help us put Mommy Poppins at your fingertips wherever you go.
- News: Free Summer Circus Performances, Luna Park's School's Out Celebration and Swimming Lessons
- News: Cool Outdoor Spaces, Popular Brooklyn Spots Shutter, New Online Student Info System
- One World Observatory: Breathtaking, Panoramic Views & NYC History for Kids & Families
- All My Children: Eco-Conscious, Child-Centered Care to the Lower East Side